· Date of birth : 1956
· Place of birth : Taiz Republic of Yemen.
· Marital status: Married and a father for two sons and a daughter.
1. M.A. in projects administrations with a minor in computer field - Catholic University of America - United States - Washington 1986 - 1988.
2. Bachelor's degree of Civil Engineering - Pennsylvania State University - United States 1980-1983.
3. Secondary education (scientific section) in People's High School (Taiz) - Republic of Yemen, he obtained the second of the Republic -1974 to 1977.
Positions and previous experience:
· Deputy Minister of Planning and International Cooperation - August 2009 until January 2011, and the most important work of this stage:
o Assistance the Deputy Prime Minister for Economic Affairs Minister of Planning and International Cooperation on all the tasks and assignments related to the work of the ministry and carry out his duties when he will be outside the country.
o Work within the ten priorities teamwork, and head the second priority group in the technical committee for training the Yemeni workers for more jobs opportunities to work inside and abroad, as part of the Executive Office for the priorities and the program of ten that directed by the President Ali Abdullah Saleh.
o Undersecretary of the Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation for the international cooperation sector - July 1998 until August 2009, and the most important works of this stage:
v Undersecretary who responsible for managing and organizing the economic, development, technical, cultural and scientific cooperation relations with all donor , brotherly and friendly countries , financial institutions, regional and international organizations, donors and non-governmental organizations.
v Chairman of the Technical and preparations Committees for the upper committees and ministerial that joint with the brotherly and friendly countries.
v Undersecretary who responsible for preparing and supervising on the donor conferences and joint meetings with the major donor countries inside and outside the country.
v General Manager of cooperation with industrialized countries - the Ministry of Planning and Development - May 1990 until June 1998, and the most important works of this stage:
§ Management the foreign relations affairs in the economic, developmental and technical, cultural and scientific fields with the industrial countries, specially those whom are considered as donor countries of the Republic of Yemen, in addition to the major financing institutions , regional and international organizations that have funding relations with the Republic of Yemen, and the most important are the World Bank, the Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development and Abu Dhabi development fund.
§ Supervising on the management of financial relations with the main development funds: the World Bank, the Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development, the Islamic Development Bank and the main Gulf funds for development.
§ Acting as G.M. of bilateral cooperation and projects - September 1988 until May 1990 and director of governmental facilities and services department projects and bilateral cooperation, and the most important works of this stage:
- Preparation the projects and arranging the financing and supervising on implement the financed projects by the World Bank , the Arab and foreign Development Funds , traditional donors and the Gulf states during that period.
- Managing the services and government facilities Project and observing its implementation at the level of the Republic.
- Managing and observing the bilateral cooperation affairs with the United States, the Netherlands , the Federal Republic of Germany, France, Britain, Italy, Japan, the Soviet Union and China, which include financial relations , cultural and scientific cooperation relations, volunteers and expert services.
- Head of creating projects section - management of services and government facilities the General Administration of projects and bilateral cooperation - September 1984 until April 1985, and the most important works of this stage:
§ Supervising on the technical and construction sides of the government projects.
§ Observing the implementation of infrastructure projects in various regions.
§ Performing the military service in the Central Security units Sana'a-September 1983 until August 1984, and the works of this stage:
o Participating in inventory and construction works in the project of re-work the affected areas from earthquakes in Dhamar province (in the framework of the military unit that involved in reconstruction project in Dhamar).
v Member of the General People's Congress 1983.
v Member of the Honor Committee for engineers in the Unites States 1982 (Chi Epsilon)
v Chairman of the Preparatory Committee for the Yemeni-Saudi Coordination Council 2003-2010.
v Member of the Board of Trustees for the Arab Planning Institute in Kuwait 1998-2010.
v Member for a number of friendship associations with donor , brotherly and friendly countries.
v Member of the General Authority Board of Directors for Free Zones (1998-2009).
v Member of the General Authority Board of Directors for Rural Water (1998-2009).
The most participants:
- Preparing and supervising on donor conferences manage during 1996-2006 in The Hague 1996, Brussels 1997, Paris 2002 and London 2006.
- Supervising on a number of economic and developmental files to a number of Presidential foreign visits for many brotherly and friendly donor countries.
- Preparing the economic studies and working papers in a framework of present the Yemeni economical and developmental stand at the donor countries.
- Participating in the training course of preparation and training economists and administrators trainers in Arab Planning Institute in Kuwait, April 1984.
- Participating in the study of strategic planning cycle, Washington - USA September 1987.
- Participating in the training course for leadership and decision-making process, Thailand , September 2003.
- Participating in organizational and field activities in the presidential , parliamentary and local elections since 1997 (as a member of the General People's Congress).
Arabic: Mother tongue.
- Appointed Minister of Industry and Trade on 23 January 2011.
- Appointed Minister of oil and minerals in the National Reconciliation Government in 12/07/2011.
- Appointed Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research in 09/11/2012.